According to the National Immunization Survey, only 66.4% of Ohio babies have received all of the immunizations recommended to keep them save from many dangerous diseases. For teens, while 85.1% have received the Tdap vaccine and 87.3% have received the meningococcal serogroup ACWY vaccine, the rates for HPV are still very low for both boys and girls. The Ohio Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics’ immunization programs, Maximizing Office Based Immunization (MOBI) and Teen Immunization Education Sessions (TIES), combines more than 20 years of evidence-based science to educate physician offices on the best practices on immunizing their patients.
The programs are one-hour, in-office peer-to-peer education presentations that provide continuing medical education (CME) credits to physicians. Nurses and medical assistants can claim the hour of continuing education.
The MOBI and TIES programs have impacted many lives since it began in 1996:
- 700 practices reached per year
- Approximately 350,000 patients
- 77% of practices successfully implemented immunization best practices
- Provider Informational Handout
- March 14, 2020 Ohio Department Health Alert
- March 14, 2020 Ohio Department of Health Director’s Journal Entry
- Ohio AAP COVID-19 Resource for Families
- Letter for Primary Care and Outpatient Providers
- Guidance for Primary Care and Outpatient Providers
- MOBI/TIES Trainer Portal (password protected)
- Trainer Video #1: Valuable Lesson
- Trainer Video #2: Will & Grace Clip
- Updated Infographic: Cervical Cancer is Just the Tip of the Iceberg
- New Handout: Talking to Pregnant Women about Vaccines
- Redesigned CDC HPV Vaccine Website for Healthcare Professionals
- How Nurses and Medical Assistants Can Foster a Culture of Immunization in the Practice
- MOBI Trainer Virtual Capabilities Survey
- Measles Outbreak Infographic
- Physician offices:
- Adolescent Immunizations MOC Part II Self-Assessment
- HPV Vaccine Opportunities and Challenges MOC Part II Self-Assessment
- DTaP Drop-Off MOC Part II Self-Assessment
- Fast FAX Facts Website
- Parent Resource Page
- MOBI/TIES Train the Trainer Registration
Questions? Contact Lory Winland, MPA at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (614) 846-6258.
The MOBI and TIES programs are funded by the Ohio Department of Health.