The Injury Prevention/Safe Sleep Program was a web-based learning collaborative that includes screening tools to assess risky behaviors in children from birth to 4 months, and 6 to 12 months, along with easy to use scoring sheets and recommended talking points.
The Injury Prevention/Safe Sleep Program has demonstrated results that include:
- Approximately 65% of families made a positive behavior change in at least one risky behavior after receiving recommendations from their provider at a previous visit
- All recommended risky behaviors were addressed at every well child visit more than 90% of the time
- Participants felt the tools made their anticipatory guidance more complete, and it saved them time with families
- Within one to two months, practices were able to incorporate each screening tool during every age-appropriate well child care visits
Opportunities for Involvement:
- Injury Prevention – Children Birth to Age 4 – Self Assessment
- Injury Prevention – Adolescents – Self Assessment
- Safe Sleep Resources
- Parent Resource Page
Questions? Contact Hayley Southworth via email or at (614) 846-6258.
The Injury Prevention/Safe Sleep Program is funded by the Health Tomorrows Partnership for Children.