Handouts, Webinars and Other Resources: The information below includes parent handouts for program participants to distribute to families, webinars for physicians and other healthcare providers, and counseling materials. Click each bold headline to expand the section and download the handout or view the video webinar.Parenting at Mealtime and Playtime - Parent Handouts
- Breastfeeding* – (English | Spanish | Somali)
- Newborn – 4 Months* – (English | Spanish | Somali)
- 4 – 6 Months* – (English | Spanish | Somali)
- 6 – 12 Months* – (English | Spanish | Somali)
- Transition to Solids* – (English | Spanish | Somali)
- 12 – 24 Months* – (English | Spanish | Somali)
- 2 Years* – (English | Spanish | Somali)
- 3 Years* – (English | Spanish | Somali)
- 4 Years* – (English | Spanish | Somali)
- 5 – 6 Years* – (English | Spanish | Somali)
- Picky Eating* – English
- Stress Free Mealtime* – English
- Food Assistance* – English
- Meal Planning* – English
- Hunger Cues* – English
- Play* – English
- Healthy Bones & Teeth* – (English | Spanish)
- Healthy Servings – 2-3 Years Old* – (English | Spanish)
- Healthy Servings – 4-8 Years Old* – (English | Spanish)
- Healthy Servings – 9-13 Years Old* – (English)
- Healthy Servings – 14-18 Years Old* – (English)
- Snacks from All 5 Food Groups* – (English | Spanish)
- Energy Balance**
- Excess Calories**
- Keeping Active**
- Routine is Important**
- Eating on a Budget**
**Please note, these handouts were created as part of the Ounce of Prevention/Pound of Cure program that preceded Parenting at Mealtime and Playtime. While the information is still relevant for families, new guidelines may have been published since the creation of these resources.
*The publications noted with an asterisk are supported by the Grant Number 2B01OT009042-15 funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or the Department of Health and Human Services. Any modifications to these materials need to be approved by the Ohio Department of Health legal counsel, Vanessa Harmon-Gouhin, Vanessa.Gouhin@odh.ohio.gov.
PMP Handout Notebook: This notebook includes the entire collection of Parenting at Mealtime and Playtime materials, including parent, Ounce of Prevention and Pound of Cure handouts. Click here to access the complete notebook.
Mobile App: In 2016, the Ohio AAP launched the PMP mobile app for parents. The PMP pediatric experts developed the content for the app, which is available for free to participating physicians taking part in the PMP program and their practices’ parents and families. The app is organized by age and provides evidence-based resources for parents to access outside their physicians’ office. The app includes information on developmental milestones, videos, blogs and push notifications for parents with developmental information. Search for the app in the Apple App Store or on Google Play!
Primary Care Pocket Guide: The Primary Care Pocket Guide to Pediatric Obesity Prevention and management is intended to provide primary care providers with practical guidance in building, as well as restoring, healthy lifestyles. The content spans from age specific, developmentally appropriate anticipatory guidance and obesity risk assessment to management once an overweight or obese child has been identified. Click here to access.
NEW Videos for Ohio’s Home Visitors:
Breastfeeding – How Home Visitors Can Support Breastfeeding and Resources to Share. Videos and sites referenced within the presentation are below.
- Breastfeeding Massage
- Cross Cradle Hold for Breastfeeding
- Maximizing Milk Production
- LactMed – NIH
- Breastfeeding Song at End of Presentation
Working with Families – Motivational Interviewing and the Influence of Parents
Feeding in the First Two Years – More Information on Baby-Led Weaning and Picky Eating
Anticipatory Guidance Form for Non-EMR Users – Ounce of Prevention Expert Committee Recommendations Regarding the Prevention, Assessment, and Treatment of Child and Adolescent Overweight and Obesity: Summary Report – Pediatrics (2007) Expert Panel on Integrated Guidelines for Cardiovascular Health and Risk Reduction in Children and Adolescents: Summary Report – Pediatrics (2011) Weight Management Charting Template