Join us at our upcoming all-virtual Annual Meeting on October 29-30th. As an exclusive Ohio AAP member benefit, you can attend free of charge! We know your time and resources are limited right now, which is why our team is working hard to provide this educational opportunity at no cost for our members as well as offering topics that are of the utmost relevance to you and your patients.
Just as I think many of us were hoping that with increasing vaccine administration and children returning to school, we were potentially on the other side of this pandemic. Unfortunately, we have been hit hard here again in Ohio. We know you are swimming upstream, so we designed this year’s meeting with your needs in mind, and with the following key takeaways for YOU as you pick up the pieces from the pandemic:
- JUST ADDED! Hot Topic session on COVID-19 vaccine implementation in your practice: vaccine best practices, parental hesitancy, and open dialogue on how Ohio AAP can help you preserve the medical home during the pandemic!
- Keynote Presentation: 25% of teens who almost died from suicide say that less than 5 minutes passed between the time they decided to kill themselves and the attempt. Ohio AAP has assembled a multi-disciplinary panel of medical and lived experience experts, including teens, to discuss de-escalation techniques and preparing yourself to help children and families during a challenging mental health crisis. You will leave with proven, quick, and easy tools and techniques to use with children and adolescents in a mental health crisis.
- Create supportive and inclusive spaces for Ohio youth within the LGBTQ+ community and utilize Ohio AAP and State Resources to address risks.
- 1 in 4,000 children are diagnosed with MIS-C, over half of these children have evidence of myocarditis or cardiac dysfunction. Hear case studies on cardiovascular/GI complications and long-haul COVID symptoms in patients that could present in your office.
- Obesity rates continue to rise following schedule and lifestyle disruptions during the pandemic. Learn tips to address obesity, health routines and motivational interviewing to assure our children stay healthy and active.
- Additional topics include hot topic advocacy action plans, common GI issues and the Top 10 Pediatric journal articles from Ohio Pediatricians that can change the way you practice.
NEW incentives this year include:
- 32 chances to win, nearly $2,000 in gift cards available as prize incentives to visit our virtual exhibitors! We made it even easier to play this year!
Plus, be sure to attend our Annual Meeting Keynote session, Stories from a Year Lost: School-Age Children in Crisis and How Ohio AAP Can Help. This year’s keynote will support the Store It Safe (SIS) Teen Suicide Prevention Program and new initiatives to promote mental resilience. Ohio AAP has assembled a multi-disciplinary panel of medical and lived experience experts, including teens, to discuss how we can get our children back to a healthier mental state after the pandemic. Attendees will leave with proven, quick, and easy tools and techniques to use with children and adolescents in mental health crisis.
Register to attend by visiting: http://ohioaap.org/sis21
We know each of you as pediatricians, teachers, parents, administrators, public health professionals and community organization representatives have stories to share from the past 18 months on how the pandemic impacted children. Please send them via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the chat function at the meeting so that we can compile these stories as Ohio AAP shares strategies and resources to help create a positive path forward for Ohio’s children.
Please take a moment TODAY and register at this link: OhioAAP.org/am.