August 1, 2016 — The Ohio Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics is partnering with the Ohio Department of Health to promote National Immunization Awareness Month (NIAM) in August, remind parents about the new meningococcal vaccine mandate and announce a new, valuable resource for parents to learn more about immunizations.
The organizations are holding a press conference on Wednesday, August 3 at 10:30 a.m. in the Ladies Gallery at the Ohio Statehouse. Speaking at the press conference will be:
- Sen. Cliff Hite
- Mary DiOrio, MD, Medical Director, Ohio Department of Health
- Dennis Cunningham, MD, FAAP, Medical Director of Epidemiology, Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- Melissa Wervey Arnold, Chief Executive Officer, Ohio Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Sam Bennett, meningitis survivor
View the media alert here.
View a press release on the meningococcal vaccine mandate here.
The Ohio AAP will be sharing messages all month long about the new immunization app, Fast VAX Facts, and vaccine resources all month long on our website and social media pages. So what can you do? Spread the word!
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Download the Ohio AAP Social Media Toolkit (includes graphics to use on your social media pages)
- Download the National Immunization Awareness Month (NIAM) Toolkit. It includes:
- Key messages
- Sample press releases
- Sample social media messages
- Much more!