The Ohio Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics offers a wide variety of benefits to all of its members. Whether you are looking for networking opportunities or quality improvement programs, the Ohio AAP is ready to meet the ever-evolving needs of today’s pediatricians. Click this link to go to a page to learn more about the opportunities to get involved with the chapter.
Who We Are
The Ohio Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics promotes the health, safety and well-being of children and adolescents so they may reach their full potential. The Ohio AAP accomplishes this by addressing the needs of children, their families, and their communities, and by supporting Chapter members through advocacy, education, research, service, and improving the systems through which they deliver pediatric care.
What We Do
- 24/7 Advocacy at the Statehouse, fighting for Ohio’s children and pediatricians
- Approximately 3,000 active members available for support, participating in child health programs and united advocacy
- 865,000 Children impacted by Ohio AAP Quality Improvement and CME programs in the past year
- Four quarterly publications updating you on current issues, new research, education opportunities and more
- 48,000 Bike helmets distributed to Ohio’s children since 2011 with the help from more than 500 partner organizations
- 10,000 Products distributed to Ohio families by staff and pediatricians in order to keep children safe and healthy in the past year
Here is a handful of ways that the Ohio AAP is working for you:
- Advocacy – In the the last few years, the Ohio Chapter has drastically increased its involvement in legislative affairs. Through increased partnerships and relationships with key leaders, the Ohio AAP has successfully advocated for a number of issues, including: legislation to address childhood obesity and nutrition standards, the booster seat requirement in children under the age of 8, and enhanced reimbursement for pediatricians and pediatric specialists.
- Annual Meeting – For one weekend a year, the Ohio AAP provides its members with networking and educational opportunities. Individuals who attend our Annual Meeting will have the opportunity to: hear legislative updates from Ohio AAP lobbyists and pediatricians, attend a number of CME programs, and get a jump-start on the ABP’s Part II MOC requirements.
- QI/Part IV MOC Programs – The key to serving the constantly evolving needs of Ohio’s children is continuous improvement. Through the Chapter’s various QI Programs, members and their practices have access to a number of programs that address popular pediatric topics, all for no cost! Programs that are currently running, or will be up and running soon, cover topics such as: asthma, injury prevention, obesity prevention and management, mental health, and prevention of blindness.
- Ohio AAP Foundation – Ohio AAP Foundation pillar exists to support the Ohio AAP’s many efforts. Through fundraising events and charitable donations, the Foundation is able to offer signature programs in the following areas: obesity prevention and education, prevention of injuries and building awareness, healthy and safe environments for Ohio’s foster children, and early childhood learning and development through early literacy.
- Who we are and how we benefit Ohio’s children
- What are our pillars and how can you get involved
- Meet some of Ohio’s regional pediatric influencers
These are a number of ways the Ohio Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics can serve you. If you have further questions, or if you want to find out how you can get involved, contact Hayley Southworthat (614) 846-6258.