On October 28-29, 2022, Ohio AAP will be BACK in-person for our Annual Meeting at the Hilton Polaris Columbus after 2 years of a virtual experience! As an exclusive benefit, we worked hard to provide free registration for Ohio AAP members and staff.
Why Join us In Person???
- Reconnect, network, and meet with new and old colleagues
- Fully engage in the meeting with less distractions
- Provides connection and empathy you can’t get through a screen
- Allows a space for creative juices to flow and brainstorming to occur
- Chance to meet and chat in-person with exhibitors
- Receive your FREE Ohio AAP meeting swag bag
- Need to step out or take a break? No problem!
This year, Annual Meeting will kick off with a luncheon fundraiser hosted by the Ohio AAP Foundation that supports our immunization coalition, Ohio Champions for Vaccines (OC4V). Ohio’s immunization rates are NOT where they need to be for all Ohioans to be protected from potentially dangerous vaccine-preventable diseases. The mis- and disinformation has scared Ohioans, and it is time to set the record straight. OC4V shares factual, data-driven information and stories about vaccines. Our program will approach this emergent issue and new wave of anti-vaccine sentiment couched as medical freedom with a multi-disciplinary team of experts, pediatricians, media and parents. Our panelists will share their stories and perspectives, then the larger group will have an opportunity to ask questions and provide comments, with a goal of moving forward together to protect our children. The luncheon will feature a special virtual appearance by Paul Offit, MD, FAAP – all paid luncheon attendees will receive a copy of his new book, You Bet Your Life.
2022 Annual Meeting Hot Topics:
- Racial Disparities in Healthcare and Improving Black Maternal Health Outcomes
- State Advocacy Update and Call to Action
- LGBTQ+ Fact Versus Fiction: Clinical, Legislative and Stories from Families
- The Future of the Medical Home: Different Ways to Use Technology to Connect with Families. New Material Rollout.
- Sports Medicine Update
- Aggressive Child, Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD) and How Trauma Plays a Roll
- Pediatric Acne and Dermatology
- Infant Feeding World Café: Case-Based Education, including the formula shortage, allergies, cues and Ohio AAP Resources