Are You a Pediatrician Working in a FQHC, Family Practice or Internal Medicine Location? The Care2 Program was Built with You in Mind!
Providing meaningful project opportunities for Ohio AAP members in many different settings is a goal of the Chapter. The recently developed Care2 Project is focusing on engaging families to prevent infant mortality by using a two generational health approach. Care2 is ideal for pediatricians working in settings where both mothers and children receive care, including internal medicine, family practice and FQHC locations. 14 locations have been engaged in the first wave of the project, and space is currently available to enroll in Wave 2.
Using lessons learned in research and other QI projects, the Care2 project provides resources and education to improve screening and discussion on four key topics for families from birth to five years of age:
- Safe sleep
- Tobacco and vaping exposure
- Birth spacing and nutrition
- Maternal depression
Wave 2 is enrolling providers now to be prepared for project kick-off in May 2024. Participants in the 12-month QI project will receive:
- A $3,000 stipend to support data collection
- No chart reviews! Utilize EHR data to produce site-specific and aggregate QI data accessed on a digital dashboard
- Complimentary materials to improve discussion of maternal health in your practice
- Support from a dedicated Quality Improvement Practice Coach
- Learning collaborative to share challenges and success with peers across Ohio
- Provider MOC Part IV credit upon completion of QI activities
To learn more about the Care2 project, please contact Hayley Southworth at firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete the information request at: https://ohioaap.org/qi-programs-moc-iv/care2-two-generational-health