The Ohio Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics teamed up with firearm owners, pediatricians and others to create the Partnership for Safety of Children Around Firearms, and a pilot program called Store It Safe, to encourage safe storage of firearms and families to educate their children about safety issues related to firearms.
- The goals of the Partnership is to:
- Prevent firearm-related, unintentional deaths and suicides among children and teens
- Change our approach in talking about firearm safety
- Store it Safe and teach children safety around firearms
You can read about the public launch of the program by the Columbus Dispatch article here or access the Partnership for Safety Press Release. Read the Columbus Dispatch July 20, 2017 editorial on this topic here.
Learn more about our Store It Safe Child Firearm Injury Prevention Program, our Store It Safe Adolescent Suicide Prevention Program, Store It Safe Funding, or how you can directly assist in the education and on storing it safe by take the pledge below!
- Store It Safe Child Firearm Injury Prevention Program
- Store It Safe Adolescent Suicide Prevention Program
- Store It Safe Pledge