Reversing the Trend of Irreversible Actions
Store It Safe is a unique partnership of healthcare providers, firearm safety experts, and community organizations established to keep children safe from unintentional firearm deaths and teens safe from suicide by firearms. Our goal is to inform families of risks so they can keep their teens safe.
- Adolescent suicide has increased 58% in the past 10 years
- The teen brain is still developing, which can lead to emotional situations that override their still-developing impulse control
- Teens can engage in risky behaviors and react to seemingly small stressors
How you can help!
- Take the Store It Safe pledge and commit to being a part of the solution here
- Make a donation and support the Store It Safe Program
- Gun Box Distribution- Submit an application for the chance to receive free gun lock boxes for distribution in your community!
Thank you to our partners who have already been awarded gun boxes and are helping us spread the Store It Safe message to prevent teen suicide!
|Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center||Akron Children’s Hospital||Lakewood Local Schools|
|Wood County Park District Police Department||NAMI Richland County||South Euclid Police Department|
|Union County Suicide Prevention Coalition||Perry Behavioral Health Choices||Preble County Mental Health & Recovery Board|
|Healthy New Albany Food Pantry||Nationwide Children’s Hospital||Logan & Champaign Counties Suicide Prevention Coalition|
How OHio AAP can help you!
- PROVIDING EDUCATION to healthcare providers, pediatricians, family doctors, clinicians, and parents and teens statewide
View the Ohio AAP’s Store It Safe Adolescent Materials:
- DEVELOPING PUBLIC POLICY that would include a tax credit for families to purchase lock boxes and/or other security measures for safe storage solutions for their home.
Contact Melissa Wervey Arnold, Ohio AAP Chief Executive Officer, at via email or (614) 846-6258 to learn about becoming involved with the Foundation Pillar of the Ohio AAP