September 21, 2018
11:00 am-12:30 pm
Crowne Plaza Hotel-Dublin
2018 Annual Meeting to follow (link)
Calling All Superheroes…
Join pediatric heroes from across Ohio for a luncheon to celebrate the Ohio AAP Foundation program accomplishments and support Ohio’s children for years to come.
Keynote speaker, Tara Haelle, an international expert story teller, author of VaccinationInvestigation and The Informed Parent, and TED Talk influencer, will provide an overview of caregiver immunization fears and motivations and give providers and advocates strategies rooted in both science and empathy to improve immunization health.
• Learn why logic and reason seem to hit a brick wall when trying to discuss benefits of vaccines with hesitant or fearful parents.
• Recognize what drives fear and why all our brains are susceptible to it.
• Tara will share real stories and invite you to learn to tell your own stories to connect with parents and promote vaccine health.
• Notably, she challenged the vocal anti-immunization activist Dr. Bob Sears and repeatedly debunks the most common misperceptions about vaccines and their risks, benefits and effectiveness.
• Discover strategies for avoiding the burnout of vaccine hesitancy conversations that can dominate visits.
Following Tara’s exciting talk, you will learn about how to support current and new Ohio AAP programs on parental immunization advocacy, firearm safety, mental health, early literacy and injury prevention.
Agent: Single ticket: $35
Agent and Side Kick:Two tickets: $80
Fantastic Four: Four tickets: $100
All those supporting the event by ticket purchase receive a 25% discount on annual meeting fee
Justice League Sponsor: $500
Admission for eight to the luncheon
Recognition in event video
Recognition on event invitation
50% discount on 4 annual meeting registration
To register for Saving the Day for Ohio’s Children-Ohio AAP Foundation Luncheon, click here.
For more information about the Ohio AAP 2018 Annual Meeting, please visit: OhioAAP.org/am
Please direct all questions to Elizabeth Dawson at firstname.lastname@example.org