The Ohio Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics and Ohio Department of Health present four regional seminars to educate physicians, nurses and other vaccinators in Ohio on adolescent vaccines.
The seminars will feature nationwide experts on adolescent health and immunizations – including Michael T. Brady, MD, Robert W. Frenck, Jr., MD, and Paula K. Braverman, MD and social media expert Angela Krile. Larry Pickering, MD from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will be our featured guest speaker at the Columbus TIES Seminar! The talks will feature many subjects Ohio health care workers deal with in their workplace every day, including:
- parental refusal
- sexual misconceptions
- HPV-caused cancers
- reminder/recall strategies
- connecting with your adolescent patients on social media
Each person who registers for a TIES Regional Seminar is registered to win an iPad Mini! There will be a drawing at EACH seminar!
Columbus *New Location
- Featured Speakers: Larry Pickering, MD, Robert W. Frenck, Jr., MD, and Paula K. Braverman, MD
- Tuesday, September 23, 2014
- 8:30am-1:30pm (registration begins at 8am)
- Location: Holiday Inn Worthington (map) *New Location
- Lunch provided by the American Academy of Pediatrics
- registration closed
- CME: This Live activity, Teen Immunization Education Sessions (TIES) Regional Training Columbus, with a beginning date of 09/23/2014, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 4.00 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AAFP Prescribed credit is accepted by the American Medical Association as equivalent to AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ toward the AMA Physician’s Recognition Award. When applying for the AMA PRA, Prescribed credit earned must be reported as Prescribed, not as Category 1.
Nurses will be provided the same certificate of participation as physicians. Keep your certificate on file, as the Ohio Nurses Association will accept CME toward CNE credit.