Hey Kids! Welcome to the Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound web site!!
We are so glad that you are taking an interest in beginning or maintaining a healthy, active lifestyle. People of all ages struggle to maintain a healthy weight, and we are excited to help you with that struggle at an early age!
The Ohio AAP would like to use this site to give you important information, but we also want you to have FUN! Please take a few moments to click here and play some interactive nutrition games with your friends!
Below are some handouts that can help you eat the right foods, and make sure you are getting enough exercise!
Handouts for Tweens & Teens
- For Tweens: 11-13 Years Old
- For Teens: 14 – 18 Years Old
Speaking of exercise … Have you been outside to play today? With your parent’s permission…grab a buddy and head out to get some fresh air and exercise.
Here a few links to give you more information on heathy living!
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Let’s Move – A campaign started by First Lady Michelle Obama that is aimed at helping children stay at a healthy weight.
- Healthy Children – A web site dedicated to the health and well-being of children of all ages.
- PE Central for Kids – A web site devoted to health and physical fitness.
- Kids Health – What is obesity? Find out what your parents and doctors are talking about!
- Explore the World of Nutrition – Learn about the food groups, how much you should be eating, and what you should be eating to be healthy and strong.
- Health Fun for Children – Here is where you will find games that teach you about the body and good health.
- Healthy Eating for Teens – Teens have more freedom to make their own food choices, let’s learn how to make the RIGHT choice for your health!