- Pediatric and family practices and health departments may participate in the program at any time during the calendar year by contacting the MOBI Program Manager, Melanie Farkas, or the MOBI Trainer at their local health department.
- The MOBI Advisory and Program Teams gather multiple times a year to consider updates to the program, including when updated immunization schedules are released each February and when the National Immunization Survey (NIS) results are released each September.
- The MOBI Team works with our Advisory Team, Quality Improvement Consultant and immunization experts around the state to continuously improve the program. The program is updated at least twice a year — when the updated immunization schedules are released each February by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the American Academy of Pediatrics and when the National Immunization survey (NIS) data is released each September. Other updates are made as need warrants.
- The team is also working on many updates for the future of this program, including covering counties in Ohio that do not have the Immunization Action Plan (IAP) grants to fund their county trainer and creating online modules with enduring CME.
- MOBI began in 1996 with just 12 education programs conducted. In 2015, 554 programs were conducted across the state and more than 3,000 attendees were involved.