The number of obese children in the United States as more than tripled since the 1970’s. The Ohio Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics’ Parenting at Mealtime and Playtime program combines more than 10 years of proven, successful nutrition and obesity-prevention education into a program aimed at making Ohio children healthier. The Ohio AAP’s obesity-prevention work began in 2007, with Ounce of Prevention, and continued in 2012 with the Pound of Cure Learning Collaborative.
The Parenting at Mealtime and Playtime program has impacted many lives since it launched in 2014:
- Physicians caring for more than 85,000 children took part in the program. Almost half of the children were on public assistance.
- Trained more than 200 child and healthcare providers in 6 counties through regional trainings.
- PMP Family Resources
Opportunities for Involvement:
- PMP Wave 5 is Enrolling Now! Click here for more!
- Obesity Prevention in Primary Care MOC Part II Self-Assessment
- Parenting at Mealtime and Playtime Mobile App
- PMP Family Resource Page
- PMP Physician Resources
Questions? Contact Renee Dickman via email or at (614) 846-6258.
The Parenting at Mealtime and Playtime program is funded by the Ohio Department of Health.