The Parenting at Mealtime and Playtime (PMP) Learning Collaborative offers resources to pediatric practices to help counsel families of infants and young children (ages birth to 5 years) about good nutrition and positive parent-child interactions during mealtime and playtime. This Quality Improvement program provides tools for physicians to enhance prevention counseling strategies, become adept at assessing “risk,” and intervene at the earliest possible stage before a child is overweight.
REGIONAL TRAININGS: The PMP team is excited to present regional trainings in 2017 and all regions of the state! The PMP program fuses nutrition and play guidance with the parent-child interaction during meals, playtime and daily structure. The trainings, being offered across the state, provide an innovative, sustainable approach to building healthy habits among birth to five-year-olds. CLICK HERE to get more information and to register!
NEW MOBILE APP: We are excited to unveil the new Parenting at Mealtime and Playtime Mobile App to help parents get quick, trusted, age-appropriate advice outside of their doctor’s office.
The app includes:
- Age-appropriate nutrition and activity tips for children from birth to age 5
- Developmental milestones that can help you determine if your child is on track
- Printable handouts to keep or share with your friends and family
- Interactive videos from parenting experts
- Text reminders about your child’s milestones and appointments
- A private profile page that allows you access to all free resources
|Recruitment Information||Project Team||PMP Interest Form||Project Timeline|
The Parenting at Mealtime & Playtime (PMP) Learning Collaborative is made possible by support and funding from: