- The Building Mental Wellness (BMW) Learning Collaborative is a Quality Improvement project aimed at achieving optimal mental wellness for all of Ohio’s children and families. Participating physicians receive Part IV MOC, a stipend, and one-on-one learning with national experts.
- The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) Chapter Quality Network (CQN) ADHD Project is providing the Ohio AAP with tools, resources and technical support to lead a quality improvement (QI) effort amongst 10 to 15 practices. The project aim is to improve ADHD diagnosis and treatment processes, as well as outcomes, for children at a population level by implementing the AAP ADHD guidelines.
- Good4Growth is a program that focuses on bringing practical tools and tips to help parents, early childcare centers, and anyone who touches a child’s life — to create healthier, smarter kids. This program includes a Learning Collaborative in Primary Care, a Learning Collaborative in Child Care and a community campaign.
- Maximizing Office Based Immunization (MOBI) and Teen Immunization Education Sessions (TIES) – The Maximizing Office Based Immunization, or MOBI, project is a statewide provider education and training program developed for healthcare providers. Teen Immunization Education Sessions (TIES) Program is a statewide program to educate physicians and vaccine providers on ways to improve adolescent vaccine rates.
- HPV QI Project – The goal of this program is to conduct a six-month learning collaborative with physician practices to improve rates (series initiation) of administration of the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine series through strong provider recommendation during the well child visit and through the use of the Fast VAX Facts mobile application.
- Ohio QI2U – MenB – Clear up the confusion over meningococcal vaccination and learn strategies to increase attendance and quality of adolescent well visits with the new Ohio QI2U – MenB Program.
- Injury Prevention/Safe Sleep Learning Collaborative
- The current focus of the Injury Prevention project is preventing unintentional injuries in children birth to age one. Part IV MOC, $500 stipend and free sleep sacks are just a few of the benefits to participating in this project.
- Gas Front Fireplace Safety
- Put A Lid On It! Bike Helmet Safety
- Safe Sleep – Resources and Collaborative Information
- Teen Safe Driving Initiative
- Parenting at Mealtime and Playtime (PMP) – Parenting at Mealtime and Playtime (PMP) offers new and improved versions of the Pound of Cure and Ounce of Prevention materials that were previously offered by the Chapter.
- Ounce of Prevention – The Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound toolkit, originally introduced in 2007, addresses the growing epidemic of childhood obesity. In Spring 2014, the Ohio AAP revised the toolkit’s materials for use in the Parenting at Mealtime and Playtime (PMP) Learning Collaborative.
- The Ohio AAP partnered with Prevent Blindness Ohio to create a Quality Improvement project focused on preschool vision screening.
- Education and Sleep Environment (EASE) Online Learning Collaborative
- Resources for Families/Caregivers
- Resources for Healthcare Providers
The Transforming Adolescent Care Learning Collaborative is a program focused on increasing the rate of comprehensive adolescent well child visits.
- This page provides links to information about projects that are not currently being offered by the Ohio AAP. Tools, resources, and links to helpful information can still be accessed on these pages.