The Ohio AAP’s Practice of Pediatrics and Membership Pillar helps those involved in pediatric care navigate the business and operations of the practice. The pillar engages specific populations of physicians – such as hospitalists, sub-specialists, young physicians and private practitioners.
This is also your home if you are:
- Practice administrator
- Hospital-based health care worker
- Physician manager of a practice
Next Practice of Pediatrics Pillar Meeting
- If you’d like to attend this meeting or join this pillar, please fill out the pillar application form found at ohioaap.org/pillar-application-form
Pediatric Care Council: This pillar also includes the Pediatric Care Council, led by chairman Jonathan J. Price, MD, FAAP. The council brings together pediatricians and medical directors of managed care organizations and commercial insurance companies to collaborate in finding practical ways to promote children’s health. Find out more about the council here.
Practice Management: This pillar provides support for those involved in practice management, including physicians and non-physicians. The pillar provides a listserv that acts as a resource to communicate practice issues, ideas and advice to others in all corners of the state. Click here to learn more.
If you are looking for more information on Managed Care Organizations, please refer to our handy Health Plan Assistance Guide.
Senior Section: The Ohio Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics senior section formed as part of the Practice of Pediatrics Pillar in an effort to help members plan for their eventual retirement and continue involvement in the chapter. Click here to learn more.
Practice of Pediatrics Pillar 2017 – 2018 Objectives
- Create training and involvement opportunities for residents and newly boarded physicians.
- Target uninvolved/disconnected pockets of Ohio with involvement opportunities.
- Increase utilization of the Practice Management Listserv
Ohio AAP Pillar Leaders:
- Denise Warrick, MD, FAAP
- Jonathan Price, MD, FAAP
Ohio AAP Staff Members:
- Kristen Fluitt, MS
- Ryan Aills
Contact Kristen Fluitt with questions or if you would like to get involved!