The Pediatric Care Council of the Ohio Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics is led by co-chairman Jonathan J. Price, MD, FAAP and Frank Combs, MBA, FACMPE. The council brings together pediatricians and medical directors of managed care organizations and commercial insurance companies to collaborate in finding practical ways to promote children’s health.
The council meets three times a year and works closely with the Ohio Association of Health plans to conveniently schedule these gatherings.
Recent Action Items:
- Action step: Ohio AAP distribute VFC policy change to members. The information was sent out several times in the email newsletter, Ohio AAP Today. Click here to view the article.
- Action step: distribute 2015 codes to membership. The Ohio AAP worked with Rick Tuck, MD, FAAP to create a information article on 2015 codes that appears in the Winter 2015 edition of our print newsletter, Ohio Pediatrics. Click here to view the issue. A second article will appear in the Spring 2015 issue, which is due out in mid-April.
- Action step: distribute HEDIS measures for health plans to members. The information was sent out to Ohio AAP members via our email newsletter, Ohio AAP Today, on January 21. Click here to view the article.
2018 Meeting Dates
September 14, 2018
- Cherry Valley Lodge – Flint Room
December 7, 2017
- Ohio Association of Health Plans
- 1st Floor Ormet Conference Room
- 12:30-2:00pm (lunch provided)
Contact Elizabeth Dawson if you have issues you’d like to be discussed or would like to join the Pediatric Care Council meetings.