The Home & School Health (HASH) Council is focused on the development of sound health, nutrition and activity habits in the home and school environments.
For the home, this includes education of the caregivers, as well as helping to provide resources for health professionals to ensure a good start in life.
For the school, this includes working to promote a complete coordinated school health approach with a particular focus on school nutrition policy, physical education and sports-related issues. The council’s primary methods are education, advocacy, policy and resource development.
Committee Members: Click here to view a list of committee members.
- Ohio AAP Concussion Workgroup
- Sports Shorts – concise, timely information for physicians and their patients. These handouts are created to include one side with information for physicians (or other medical personnel) and the other with information for parents and patients. View the table below for past topics and to download the handouts.
- Learning Connection
- “The Learning Connection: Building the Brain for Success” – Article with background information about the Learning Connection, including references.
- Ohio Action for Healthy Kids – Click on the link for additional details on the Ohio Action for Healthy Kids and the Learning Connection.
- “Benefits of Breakfast in Ohio Schools” Fact Sheet
- This fact sheet was created by the Ohio Action for Healthy Kids and describes the health and educational benefits of breakfast.