The transition to ICD-10 is required for everyone covered by the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act (HIPAA). The compliance date is October 1, 2015. To assist our members in the transition, the Ohio Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics and the Pediatric Care Council surveyed managed care organizations for information on implementation dates and ways to get assistance. See the list of responses in the following table. Additional information and resources from the managed organizations and others is provided below the table.
Buckeye Health Community Health Plan
- Cigna ICD-10 FAQ
- Health care professionals who participate with Cigna can directly access updates and educational resources by going to CignaforHPC.com -> Resources -> Medical Resources -> Communications -> HIPAA 5010/ICD-10 Updates -> ICD-10 Implementation FAQs
UnitedHealthcare has posted extensive information on our website, unitedhealthcareonline.com under Tools and Resources> Health Information Technology> ICD-10. Resources include:
- ICD-10 Coding Look-Up List
- Provider Readiness Checklist
- Coding Decision Trees for a number of common conditions
- Access to weekly webinars sponsored by The Payers Collaborative
UHCCommunityPlan.com – information from Ohio Medicaid.
Ohio Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics
American Academy of Pediatrics
Ohio Department of Medicaid