The rate of vaccination for human papillomavirus, or HPV, continues to be low across the country. The National Immunization Survey showed only 41.8% of Ohio adolescents were fully vaccinated against this virus that can cause many different types of cancers. The goal of the HPV QI Program from the Ohio Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics is improve HPV vaccination through strong provider recommendation during the well child visit and through the use of the Fast VAX Facts mobile application.
The HPV QI Program program has impacted many lives since it launched in 2016:
- 2 physician practices & 2,000 patients
- Most provided involved now strongly recommend the HPV vaccine and feel confident addressing parents’ concerns.
Opportunities for Involvement:
- Adolescent Immunizations MOC Part II Self-Assessment
- HPV Vaccine Opportunities and Challenges MOC Part II Self-Assessment
- Fast FAX Facts Mobile App
- Immunization Resources (including the HPV brochure)
- Parent Resource Page
Questions? Contact Beth Barker, RN, BSN at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (614) 846-6258.
The HPV Quality Improvement Program was funded by the American Academy of Pediatrics.