Learn more about the Ohio AAP Foundation Pillar!
The Ohio AAP Foundation was established in 2000 as a foundation to raise funds in support of the Ohio Chapter’s mission, with a focus on Reach Out and Read. Since that time, it has evolved into an important Pillar of the Chapter, supporting programs that members have designed to have an impact in vital areas of Child Health. The Foundation will work to promote any program within the mission of the Ohio AAP.
Next Foundation Pillar Meeting
- February 12, 2019 -12:00 – 12:30 pm (Teleconference)
- Contact Hayley Southworth at email@example.com if you would like to attend
- Continued successful awareness campaigns around bike helmets, safe sleep, and child abuse
- Media impressions from combined campaigns were over 100 million
- Also launched first early literacy media effort in March 2018
- Revised fundraising opportunities to increase connections to programs and meaning to our members
- Glow Ball to fund bike helmets safety program
- New luncheon at Annual Meeting provided funding for firearm safety program and advocacy
- Launch/spread of the Store It Safe Firearm Safety program
- Following the official launch in March 2017, the first year of the Store It Safe program saw over 300 gun boxes distributed by 6 practices in Columbus, and 250 evaluation surveys returned
- Media for this program was also earned in November
- Build an ideal Foundation Pillar leader/partner coalition with new members representing corporate entities and diverse Ohio AAP membership by June 30, 2020.
- Support areas of member and public interest through linking 2019 fundraising efforts and community outreach to specific programs.
- Support programs and activities of other Chapter Pillars.
Ohio AAP Pillar Leaders:
- Robert Murray, MD, FAAP
- Norman Christopher, MD, FAAP
Ohio AAP Staff Members:
- Elizabeth Dawson
- Hayley Southworth, MS
Click on one of the below images to learn more about some of the Foundation supporter programs!
Click here to make a donation and support the Foundation, or learn more about upcoming fundraisers and events below!
Want to get involved? Have an idea for a program? Any questions at all?
Please contact Elizabeth Dawson, Ohio AAP Chief Operating Officer, at via email or (614) 846-6258.