- Session 1: Sentinel Injuries– April 6, 2020 (to access the recording and obtain enduring CME credit click here)
- Session 2: Implicit Bias- June 16, 2020 (to access the recording and obtain enduring CME credit click here)
- Session 3: Human Trafficking– August 19, 2020 (to access the recording and obtain enduring CME credit click here)
Session 4: Social Determinants of Health
- Thursday November 5th: 1:30-4:00 pm
- Social Determinants of Health Flyer
- On November 5th, join the Ohio AAP for a training on preventing abuse through social determinants of health.
- (SDOH) are the conditions in the environments where people are born, live, learn, work, play, and age that affect a wide range of health, functioning, and quality-of-life outcomes and risks. SDOH can have a huge impact on a child’s overall health and safety.
- According to studies, clinics who participate in social determinants of health screening programs have less CPS reports and medical neglect.
- In one afternoon, this training will assist healthcare professionals in learning to
- Understand the impacts of social determinants of health on lifelong outcomes
- Increase knowledge of screening tools and opportunities to identify social determinant needs
- This education is FREE for all Ohio Physicians, Social Workers, Advocates and Parents and will provide 3 hours of CME credit