The Parent/Teen Contract – Download today!
October 19-25 is National Teen Driver Safety Week. Help your teen be safe on the road with the PACT For Safe Driving and the Parent/Teen Contract.
The contract creates conversation between parents and teens and creates rules and consequences for a safe driving environment. It includes guidelines on driving in dangerous weather, nighttime driving, distracted driving, passenger and speed laws. Early research has shown that these contracts can play a role in decreasing teen traffic violations and crashes. Click here to find out more and download the Parent/Teen Driving Contract.
PACT For Safe Driving
The Ohio Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics and Allstate bring you the PACT for Safe Driving. The PACT provides parents resources to help keep their teen safe while they’re driving. Below, we’ve provided statistics and other resources to read and share with your teen driver.
- Traffic crashes are the leading cause of death for teenagers in America.
- One teen dies in a traffic crash about once every hour on weekends, nearly once every two hours during the week.
- Teens are involved in three times as many fatal crashes as all other drivers.
- Teen Driving Statistics
- Teen Driving Risks
- How to Get a Temporary Permit (must be at least 15 1/2 years old)
- Ohio GDL Laws
- A Parent’s Role – Teen Driving Contract
- Teen Driving Flyer
The Ohio AAP’s Teen Safe Driving Initiative was made possible by The Allstate Foundation.