Experts at the Ohio AAP designed the Education and Safe Sleep Environment (EASE) Project in response to Ohio’s dismal infant mortality rate, with a specific emphasis on increasing safe sleep behavior modeling in hospitals. After two successful waves operated as Learning Collaboratives, we are now offering rolling registration in an online version of the project.
The Education and Sleep Environment Project has demonstrated results that include:
- 45% increase in patients less than 1 year of age in safe sleep environments (alone, on their back, in a bare crib) during random audits
- Nearly 30% increase in caregiver reports of receiving safe sleep education during hospital stays
- 27% decrease in the presence of loose blankets in patient cribs during observations
- Approval or beginning process of updates to hospital safe sleep policy to meet AAP recommendations by all participating hospitals
Opportunities for Involvement:
- The EASE MOC Part II Self Assessment
- TheEASE Online Program is recruiting! Click here for more information!
- Injury Prevention – Children Birth to Age 4 – MOC Part II Self Assessment
- Injury Prevention – Adolescents – MOC Part II Self Assessment
- Safe Sleep Resources
- Parent Resource Page
Questions? Contact Hayley Southworth via email or at (614) 846-6258.
The EAST program is funded by the Ohio Children’s Trust Fund.