Two Poster Opportunities at Annual Meeting
At the upcoming Ohio AAP Annual Meeting there are two opportunities to highlight the work you have been doing and the ideas you have to improve child health.
In the process, you can win money to support your work.
On Friday, share your work at Posters and Pinot: Wine, Cheese, and Poster Reception. This reception is from 5:30 – 6:15 PM on September 27, 2019. During this evening reception, you will be able to mingle with meeting attendees while enjoying wine and cheese refreshments.
On Saturday morning, you will jump into the Shark Tank. Inspired by the popular TV show, Ohio AAP invites participants into the Shark Tank to present an idea that will improve Pediatric Practice and/or Child Health. Five selected submissions will present live on September 28, 2019 at 9:00 am in front of the Annual Meeting audience. All participants will present posters during the event.
Three prizes will be awarded! Two prizes will be awarded for first and second place in oral presentations to assist in implementing the idea. First place will be awarded $300. Second place will win $200. The Best Poster will win $100. All attendees who submit or present will receive FREE Annual Meeting Registration.
The winners will also have the option to further promote their work with one of the following:
- One-page feature about the project/poster in the Ohio Pediatrics newsletter
- Webinar hosted by the Chapter for the winner to present their project/poster to the membership
2018 winners included:
First Place: Drs. Sara Hollis and Brian Bouchard presenting “Extending Smoke Exposure Screening and Counseling into the Fourth Trimester”
Second Place: Dustin Mayne, DO presented “Triple P parenting Pilot Program for Resident Education”
Best Poster: Julia Tanguay, MD presented “Developing a Tool for Improving Patient and Family Understanding of Provider Roles”
- Poster submission and Shark Tank Applications due by August 30, 2019.
- Groups/teams can present on poster/presentation together If you are selected for an oral or poster presentation, you will be notified by September 10, 2019.
- You will be given 5 minutes to present your information which leaves room for two minutes for the “sharks” questions
- Posters will be presented at Ohio AAP Annual Meeting on both September 27 and 28, 2019 at the Hilton – Columbus/Polaris
If you have questions – contact Renee Dickman via email or at 614-846-6258