The 4th Annual Ohio AAP Shark Tank is on Friday, September 21, 2018.
Inspired by the popular TV show, Ohio AAP invites participants into the Shark Tank to present and answer questions from the Ohio AAP judges or “sharks”. The panel of “sharks” will judge all entries, the top 5 will have the opportunity to present live on September 21, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. Five submissions will be selected for an oral presentation and 15 posters will be selected! Two prizes will be awarded, “Best Oral Presentation” and “Best Poster”! All attendees who submit or present will receive FREE Annual Meeting Registration.
The winners will each receive a cash prize and the option to further promote their work with one of the following:
- One-page feature about the project/poster in the Ohio Pediatrics newsletter
- Webinar hosted by the Chapter for the winner to present their project/poster to the membership
In 2017 we had many great ideas! Winning ideas included the “Development of an Interactive Virtual Tour of a Local Impoverished Neighborhood: Can this Impact Pediatric Physicians’ Perspectives and Practice?” presented by Dr. Margot Lazow. Kelsey Maag and Katelyn Carlson’s won the poster presentation with their winning poster titled, “Quality Improvement Projects: A Medical Student’s Role and Perspective” received recognition for the work they’ve done with quality improvement projects. Your idea could be the next winner!
- Poster submission and Shark Tank Applications due by June 30, 2018.
- Groups/teams can present on poster/presentation together If you are selected for an oral or poster presentation, you will be notified by August 1, 2018.
- You will be given 5 minutes to present your information which leaves room for two minutes for the “sharks” questions
- Posters will be presented at Ohio AAP Annual Meeting on September 21, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. at the Crowne Plaza in Dublin, Ohio